Latest News Items
The City of Oswego is seeking quotes for the following classes of commodities:
- Dumpsters & Polycarts
- Rock & Chips
- Water Treatment Chemicals
Quoted prices will be in effect from April 1, 2017 through March 31, 2018. Commodities will be purchased on an as needed basis. Quotes are due by 10:00 a.m., Monday, March 13, 2017 and will be awarded by March 14, 2017. For specifications and an itemized list of materials for each class, contact: Calvin Jurgensen, City Superintendent or the City Clerk’s office at 620-795-4433, P O Box 210, Oswego, KS 67356.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BIDS
1. After the bids are opened, each will be carefully reviewed. The lowest and best bidder will be based upon, but not limited to, the following factors:
- Compliance with specifications.
- Availability of service
- Reputation and experience
2. All bids must meet the minimum specifications. If bids are not received by the time and date specified in the bid notice, they will not be considered.
3. To guarantee that consideration will be given to specific items included in a bid which are above or below the minimum specifications, bidders should explain such items in writing on an attachment to the Bid Proposal Form indicating an option to the original specifications.
4. Questions regarding the minimum specifications should be resolved prior to the bid opening. Please direct questions to the appropriate contact person listed in the Bid Specifications.
5. Bidders should verify bids before submission, as they cannot be withdrawn or corrected after opening.
6. All bids must be signed with the firm name by a responsible officer and a phone number noted. Obligations assumed by such signature must be fulfilled.
7. The city is exempt from Federal Excise Tax and State Sales Tax where applicable, and will issue the appropriate sales tax exemption form prior to the project start date.
8. The City of Oswego reserves the right to reject any and all bids, and to waive irregularities and informalities in any bid submitted.
9. Payment to the selected bidder shall be through the city’s normal accounts payable methods (statement must be received by the 1st of the month to be processed and approved for payment by the Governing Body), unless special arrangements are made at the time of bid award.
10. Please provide three references of similar type work. Provide their complete company name, contact person, phone numbers and address.
11. When applicable, bidder shall supply proof of liability, property damage, workers compensation and any additional insurance required by the laws of the State of Kansas, prior to awarding of a contract, where applicable. The city will not enter into a contract with any contractor without proof of all applicable insurances. Any subcontractors used must also comply with these insurance requirements.
12. All bidders will be expected to meet the minimum safety requirements as set out in the city’s safety policies and/or OSHA requirements. The city takes safety measures seriously and requires all selected bidders to do the same.