What's Happening In Oswego
Downtown Oswego
Thursday, Oct. 31st
City Offices Closed
Monday, Nov. 11th
Veterans Day
Events Calendar
October 2019
29 30 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
City Contact Information

City of Oswego, Kansas
PO Box 210
703 Fifth Street
Oswego, Kansas 67356

Phone: 620-795-4433
Fax: 620-795-4873

Contact Us


Follow us on Face Book

Content View Hits : 1263844


June, 2014 - Newsletter

june 2014-1Superintendent Jurgensen plans to have some streets resurfaced and some streets will have the microsurfacing done on them. The Micro-surfacing technique only adds up to ½” whereas the regular asphalt overly adds at least 1 ½”.
Some streets will still need the asphalt overlay in order to establish a more substantial base. The street projects will be paid for with the city’s 1 cent sales tax funds. Sales tax monies for streets have been allowed to build up in order to wait until after the Water Distribution System project was completed as too many streets were going to be torn up during the project. Supt. Jurgensen said that there will be two separate street projects this year and the earliest the work will begin is in August.

They are also going to start crack sealing the streets. Where the work is done it will remain tacky for several days so to be careful walking or driving across these areas. Read more in this newsletter.

Historical Riverside Park
FYI and Hot Topics
Upcoming Events & Holidays

Click here for a list of Upcoming Events going on in the community and surrounding area. For a list of Community Meetings check out the City Calendar.

Check here for a list of holidays the City is closed and how it will affect your utility service.

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at