What's Happening In Oswego
City Offices Closed
Tuesday & Wednesday
December 24th & 25th 
Christmas Holiday 
City Offices Closed
Wednesday, January 1st
New Year's Day
Events Calendar
December 2019
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1 2 3 4
City Contact Information

City of Oswego, Kansas
PO Box 210
703 Fifth Street
Oswego, Kansas 67356

Phone: 620-795-4433
Fax: 620-795-4873

Contact Us


Follow us on Face Book

Content View Hits : 1314057


February 2011


The March utility bills will reflect the third installment of the water rate increase that was passed in 2010. The fourth and final increase will be in July 2011. As the article in the March/April 2010 newsletter brought to light the Council elected to gradually increase rates over a two year period in order to reduce the impact of the rate increase. With the final increase in July the cost for an average residential unit which uses 5,000 gallons of water will have increased during the two year period from $50.43 per month to $58.02.

This water rate increase will also affect the amount required for a utility deposit. Currently the City requires new utility customers to have on file a $268 deposit on their account. In addition customers that have their water service disconnected due to non-payment are also required to put a $268 deposit on file. However, this rate will increase to $275 effective with March bills due to the increase. The rate for the deposit is calculated by adding together an average customers bill for three months. Please call the City Office at 620-795-4433 if you have any questions.

Read more in this newsletter.

Historical Riverside Park
FYI and Hot Topics
Upcoming Events & Holidays

Click here for a list of Upcoming Events going on in the community and surrounding area. For a list of Community Meetings check out the City Calendar.

Check here for a list of holidays the City is closed and how it will affect your utility service.

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at