What's Happening In Oswego
Schmoker Park
Thursdays 3pm-6pm
City Wide Garage Sale
October 3, 2020
Oswego Airport
October 3, 2020 
Riverside Park 
October 10, 2020
Trunk or Treat
Downtown Oswego
October 31, 2020
City Offices Closed
November 11, 2020
Veteran's Day
Events Calendar
September 2020
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3
City Contact Information

City of Oswego, Kansas
PO Box 210
703 Fifth Street
Oswego, Kansas 67356

Phone: 620-795-4433
Fax: 620-795-4873

Contact Us


Follow us on Face Book

Content View Hits : 1516175


March 25,2014 - Newsletter

March 2014-1
The project is nearing completion. Remaining work includes the steps, rip rap and tree planning on the North bank; intake work at the water plant; and the concrete apron to the existing slab on the South side. This project is necessary in order to preserve the current waterway of the river and in doing so, preserve Oswego’s water supply.  Read more in the newsletter.


Newsletter Discontinued

The City is no longer publishing a monthly newsletter. A newsletter will still be generated when the public needs to be informed about important notices such as the Consumer Confidence Reports (Water Quality Report) or other required public notices. The news articles and community events are now being posted in the "Latest News" section. Please check out these articles for the latest City news.


March 2011

Water Conservation Tips 

   Small changes can really make a difference when it comes to conserving water. Consider this: each of us uses an average of 100 gallons of water per day – enough to fill 1,600 drinking glasses! Just think how much water you can conserve if your whole family becomes more water wary. Here are some easy ways:

  • Cook Smart. Peel and clean vegetables in a bowl of water instead of under running water.
  • Slow the Flow. Install a slow-flow faucet to reduce water consumption up to 50 percent.
  •

Labette Co Courthouse No Longer Available as Public Shelter 

The Oswego Disaster Planning Committee determines public shelters for residents in an emergency situation. Recently it was determined that the Labette County Courthouse would no longer be used as a public shelter. The following two buildings are still currently available for use as a public shelter and are marked for you on the map in this newsletter.  Read More...


February 2011


The March utility bills will reflect the third installment of the water rate increase that was passed in 2010. The fourth and final increase will be in July 2011. As the article in the March/April 2010 newsletter brought to light the Council elected to gradually increase rates over a two year period in order to reduce the impact of the rate increase. With the final increase in July the cost for an average residential unit which uses 5,000 gallons of water will have increased during the two year period from $50.43 per month to $58.02.

This water rate increase will also affect the amount required for a utility deposit. Currently the City requires new utility customers to have on file a $268 deposit on their account. In addition customers that have their water service disconnected due to non-payment are also required to put a $268 deposit on file. However, this rate will increase to $275 effective with March bills due to the increase. The rate for the deposit is calculated by adding together an average customers bill for three months. Please call the City Office at 620-795-4433 if you have any questions.

Read more in this newsletter.

More Articles...
Historical Riverside Park
FYI and Hot Topics
Upcoming Events & Holidays

Click here for a list of Upcoming Events going on in the community and surrounding area. For a list of Community Meetings check out the City Calendar.

Check here for a list of holidays the City is closed and how it will affect your utility service.

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at