Latest News Items
Following the City Wide Garage sale on Saturday, May 5th the annual Spring Clean up Week will begin.
On Monday, May 7th the City crews will begin on one side of town and go up and down the streets until
they have covered the entire town one complete time. Please Note: They will not make any additional trips.
This means items must be to the curb by 7:00am on Monday. Crews will not pick up hazardous waste. Those
items will need to be taken to the County Barn. Please see additional information below about how to sort
your items and what is considered hazardous waste.
If you miss getting your items out Monday please be sure to call the City Office to arrange for a Special Pick Up
on the Wednesday after Clean Up Week, May 16th. Residential utility customers may have three (3) special pick-
ups annually. After three there will be a $15.00 charge for special pick ups. If the items left remaining are brush
or leaves the standard fee to remove those items will be charged.
Brush, leaves or items left in the yard or at the curb is a violation of the City’s Nuisance Code and will result in a
letter and possible fine. The number of Clean up Weeks that follow the annual City Wide Sales has been limited to
only one annually. So although there will be a Fall City Wide Sale there will not be a Fall Clean-up Week.
HOW TO SORT YOUR REFUSE ITEMS:
1. All items MUST be on the street by 7:00 am on MONDAY or they will not be picked up. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Trucks will begin picking up on one side of town and go up and down streets until they have covered the entire
town one complete time.
2. This service is available to all Oswego Residential Refuse Customers.
3. All items must be separated as grouped below or they will not be picked up. Different trucks and crews pick up
different items and they cannot take the time to sort them. Items the City will be picking up during clean up week:
- · Metal, including car parts
- · Appliances- must have proof Freon has been removed by an authorized agent to present at landfill.
- · Carpet, Furniture and Misc.Junk – (All loose items should be bagged or boxed)
- · Brush, Limbs & Leaves (Leaves must be bagged)
- · Tires (Limit 4 Residential) A fee will be charged for Commercial Tires (Trucks, Semi's, Etc.)
- · Construction materials for home projects (Not done by a contractor)
4. Items that WILL NOT be picked up: HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE Items such as:
- · Paint and related Items, Household cleaners, Disinfectants
- · Home & Garden Pesticides, Household & Car Batteries, Pool Cleaners, Auto Oils & Fluids
These "Hazardous" items may be taken to the County Barn at 1912 4th from 1:00-4:00pm on the first Thursday of each month.