Latest News Items
Spring Cleanup Week
Clean-up Week Begins Monday May 9th, 2011
1. All items MUST be on the street by 7:00 am on Monday or they may not be picked up. Trucks will begin picking up on one side of town and go up and down streets until they have covered the entire town one complete time. If you set your items out late the trucks will not go back. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please Note: Items left on the street after pickup for an extended period of time could result in a nuisance letter to clean up the property. If you set items out late, please call for a Wednesday pickup at 795-4433.
2. This service is available to all Oswego Residential refuse customers.
3. All items must be separated as grouped below or they will not be picked up. Different trucks and crews pick up different items and they cannot take the time to sort them. Items the City will be picking up during clean up week:
· Metal, including car parts
· Appliances- must have proof Freon has been removed by an authorized agent with the item to present at landfill.
· Carpet, Furniture and Misc.Junk – (All loose items should be bagged or boxed)
· Brush, Limbs & Leaves (Leaves must be bagged)
· Tires (Limit 4 per household)
· Construction materials for home projects (Not done by a contractor)
4. Items that will NOT be picked up: HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
Items such as:
· Paint and related Items, Household cleaners
· Home & Garden Pesticides, Household & Car Batteries, Disinfectants, Pool Cleaners, Auto Oils & Fluids
These items may be taken to the County Barn at 1912 4th from 1:00-4:00 pm on the first Thursday of each month.
If you set items out late, please call for a Wednesday pickup for May 18th at 795-4433. This does NOT include brush. Residents with brush remaining after clean-up week will either need to take it to the brush dump themselves or pay a $5.00 fee and schedule a brush pick up.
Please note if you plan to take brush to the dump yourself it is only open the 3rd Saturday of the month and brush pickups are only scheduled for the 1st Friday of the month. Brush remaining for an extended time will result in a nuisance letter and possible fines.
Location : Oswego, Kansas