What's Happening In Oswego

Vetern's Day






Christmas Parade

December 1st


Entry Form



CLOSED 24th-27th



Events Calendar

December 2021
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

City Contact Information

City of Oswego, Kansas
PO Box 210
703 Fifth Street
Oswego, Kansas 67356

Phone: 620-795-4433
Fax: 620-795-4873

Contact Us


Follow us on Face Book

Articles View Hits


Other Parks

Schmoker– formerly known as Rest Awhile Park, it is located at the east edge of Oswego on Highway 59.  The Farmer’s Market is held at this location on each Thursday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm during the growing season. 


Thomas Park– the site of the Hollingsworth Log Cabin – Pioneer Lady & Child at 3rd & Merchant.


Mathews Park - Site of Little Town Well– located on the corner of 4th and Union, This is the site of the first white settlement in Kansas and was originally known as “Little Town”.  The well was dug about 1841 by slaves owned by John A. Mathews, who also established a trading post nearby. There was a spring used for many generations by the Indians and travelers though our area. Various trees and bushes have been planted at this site for the enjoyment of residents and visitors.


Hobart Young Park– 6th & Commercial is the site of this park to commemorate Oswego’s history of the railroad.  Benches and parking are available for visitors passing through.  A former Katy caboose is featured at this park and is in remembrance of the Hobart Young and Gray families.

Oswego Parks & Community Foundation– Click on this link or go to Recreation -  Parks - Oswego Parks & Community Foundation.

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at  http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 


Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.