The Oswego Economic Development Committee (OEDC) consists of seven members and three ex-offico members.  Members are Jim Stephens, Matt George, Ryan Bradfield, Harry Gifford, Dave Dieker, Brock Coppock and Nikki Lewis.  Ex-officio members are Daniel Chapman, Mayor; Mark Helt-Commercial Bank; and Karen Williamson-Labette Bank.  

If you are interested in starting a new business or industry or expanding an existing business or industry, please give us a call today.  We will assist you in anyway we can.  We work with Pittsburg State University, Kansas Department of Commerce, Board of Tax Appeals, Labette County Commissioners and Oswego Industries to find a solution to your business or industry needs.  

Oswego offers a retail business incentive to new retail business owners.  To be considered for this incentive, please contact the City Office and ask to meet with OEDC.  As various business opportunities arise, OEDC meets with potential business and industry owners to help bring their project to fruition. 

Oswego has a number of sites and buildings listed on the website of “Location One”.  To view OswegoSites click here ; Buildings click here.   

Planning and Zoning Commission

Five Members, Meets 3rd Monday, 3 yr Term
The Planning and Zoning Commission prepares, adopts and maintains zoning and subdivision regulations on all land within the city. The commission prepares comprehensive strategic planning and advises the governing body on the rules and regulations controlling and restricting the use of land, location of buildings and structures, regulating the density of development and dividing the city into zoning districts

Zoning 2014 Click to download

THE CITY OF OSWEGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER - If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at